Thursday, March 31, 2005

Up, up and Away

Well, I think the little guys' fever finally broke around 1pm last night. He seemed to get cooler and he fell asleep (thank you!) and slept till about 6:30 this morning. Of course before that he threw up all over are bed, and cried miserably from about 10 to 11:30. Poor Mr. Moo.

In running news, I ran 3.5 this morning (stumbled is a more accurate report of my form) because I've started to FREAKING PANIC about my half is T-minus nine days. I've been sick for two weeks, and now I have got to run me eleven miles Sunday. Without, hurling or succumbing to diarrhea. Non-running diarrhea. TMI? No problem, anytime.

Holy Kitty Cats Batman! I finished the Month of Softies, three hours under the wire.

Let’s not tell the world that the bottom of that tree is stuffed with socks because we ran out of stuffing…..oops.

When I was young, I loved to climb trees. High in the Sky apple pie trees. Up, up and away from my younger siblings. I'd take the book of the moment, most often a Nancy Drew mystery, to the highest spot and read out of the reach of grubby little fingers.

Sometimes I would just lounge in the tree listening to the wind blow through the leaves, is there anything more relaxing?

I'm represented here by the monkey, she needs a little work, but then I thought that was perfect, because we all need a little work, and after all it was more about the tree for me.

The tree is a little whimsical, but then, so are my childhood memories. I used the template I made for this tree, and I really like the effect. Someone, might be getting this as a birthday present, it might not be a surprise if she is reading this!

8 comment(s):

  • That tree could be a hat that Professor McGonegal would be pround to wear!

    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 4/01/2005 08:44:00 AM  

  • blogger is not my friend.

    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 4/01/2005 12:05:00 PM  

  • Thanks. Babe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2005 12:12:00 PM  

  • Now I can see the comments again. Go Figure!

    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 4/01/2005 01:37:00 PM  

  • I can comment!

    Don't run that 11 if you're recovering...you'll be better off avoiding it than draining yourself. Your muscles and cardiovascular abilities aren't going to disappear overnight.

    I must ask, since you other-coasters pronounce draw "drawl", do you then pronounce Nancy Drew "Nancy Drool"? These questions need answering.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/01/2005 03:03:00 PM  

  • Thanks for the compliments on my doll - yes, the untitled doll. I was trying so hard to add the picture to my blog entry, which I've been able to do all of a grand total of ONCE. Sigh. I love your tree and your little monkey - that is a wonderful entry! I love MOS - it is a good challenge every month.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2005 04:52:00 PM  

  • Arg.. The dreaded runner's trots.. Dr. Noakes has a chapter devoted to that in the Lore of Running. Truely a bane to runners.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2005 08:25:00 PM  

  • I'm glad Mr. Moo is feeling better.

    The tree and monkey are wonderful.

    You'll finish the half, no problem.

    Have a healthy and happy day!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2005 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home