Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Aha! Not the band

So it's 5:45 West Coast time and I am finally able to post to my own blog today, although I'm still unable to post comments elsewhere, include Sallad's blog which she wondered about today, since she doesn't even use Blogger. Apparently Blogger just hates me. I am soooo moving to Wordpress. This week. So be prepared.

School last night, wiped me out, woke up at 5:30 to walk three miles with Lady J who hurt her knee last Friday running the lake and is taking it slow this week. I’m dreading my eleven miler on Sunday (school this weekend Friday and Saturday *bleck*) with no running partners in sight.

We in the Northwest experienced Rain with Sunburst today. A truly Pacific Northwest phenomenon that I’ll attempt to define for you. Rain (pelting, sideways, drenching downpour) with Sunbursts, (random moments of brilliance that brings with it the glare that migraines are made of) .

This is especially nice when you are driving on the freeway. Es-Special-aly. Nice.

I’ve had a rough day. I think the Sunbursts did me in. It started out innocently enough with a Mr. Moo play date (because that kid needs some socialization his only friend is a dog and an eleven year old witch (the neighbors…oh how they talk!)) Then off to the airport to pick up Grandma and Grandpa, fresh from their sojourn to Spain, and full of Gaudi talk.

Unfortunately no one told me it would take over an hour for them to get from their plane, through customs to the arrival gate at PDX. Uh, yeah. I don’t leave the country much. So I had one very cranky baby during naptime in an airport terminal when I realized it was Pixie Potter day, and she would be arriving at my house in less than three minutes and I was over 45 minutes away.

Luckily resilient Pixie went to the neighbors, and when I called was industriously “digging a hole to China”. So alls well that ends well. And I was happy because I didn’t have to call her mom “uh, yeah I lost your child….gee, I’m sorry. Chocolate?”

And yeah I have quilting tonight…If I can just stay awake.

1 comment(s):

  • That's one bad day. Hope you made it all the way through....We finally had SUN today with WARMTH. Almost didn't recognize it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2005 08:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home