Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Milkman's Quilt

Guess What? That right no crafty pictures here, move along! (to quote Zoot) Instead I'm posting a picture of the quilt I made for My Grandpa. Finished in 2001 for his birthday, it is not a terribly good picture of him, but it is the best one I have of the quilt.

grampsquilt1

Of course my grandfather insisted on pointing to the label because it says I love you grandpa! Gramps! I wanted a picture of the quilt!

The pattern was a crossroads pattern that I used in a quilt for My Mom Mom (paternal grandmother to those of you who are East Coast Challenged) I really like the pattern, because it is one of those versatile blocks you can change to make different designs. I prefer the star shape...I've notice alot of my fabric is stars and spirals, and lot of my quilt designs are starts. In fact when I designed the Mad Quilters 2003 Blocks of the Month, I made it a point to use NO STARS, because branching out is good.

In other news the child I named after Gramps, went to his one year appointment today.

yearonecheckup.jpg

Weighing in at 26.7 lbs, apparently he is not the thirty pounds that I swear he is! And measuring 32 3/4 inches long, he is only in the 95 percentile for weight and has dropped from the 120 percentile in height to 100th percentile....slacker

2 comment(s):

  • What a big boy! Glad to hear it was a good checkup-- I always feel good after the dr gives me the thumbs up. Keeps me going another week or two!

    By Blogger Kate, at 2/22/2005 03:35:00 PM  

  • What a cute picture!! Of all the many shots I took while my kids were little, I never thought to bring the camera to the dr.'s office. That's a classic!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2005 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home