Friday, February 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Mr. Moo

Every time I think about my life without Mr. Moo I feel this terrible pain in my heart and I want to squeeze him tight and never let him go. And because I will never be as prolific as Heather B. Armstrong, I've turned to the words of "another splendid bugger, this is really what I want to say..."

guess

Little Nutbrown Hare, who was going to bed, held on tight to Big Nutbrown Hare's very long ears.

mommy_babe

He wanted to be sure that Big Nutbrown Hare was listening. "Guess how much I love you," he said. "Oh, I don't think I could guess that," said Big Nutbrown Hare.

birth.jpg

"This much," said Little Nutbrown Hare, stretching out his arms as wide as they could go.

babybuddy2

Big Nutbrown Hare had even longer arms. "But I love you this much," he said.

1mth

Hmm, that is a lot, thought Little Nutbrown Hare.

sweetness.jpg

"I love you as high as I can reach," said Little Nutbrown Hare.

daddynbuddy

"I love you as high as I can reach," said Big Nutbrown Hare. That is very high, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. I wish I had arms like that.

beachbuddy

Then Little Nutbrown Hare had a good idea. He tumbled upside down and reached up the tree trunk with his feet. "I love you all the way up to my toes!" he said.

crazykids2

"And I love you all the way up to your toes,"said Big Nutbrown Hare, swinging him up over his head.

whodat.jpg

"I love you as high as I can hop!" laughed Little Nutbrown Hare, bouncing up and down.

12.24.04 Daddy and Thomas

"But I love you as high as Ican hop," smiled Big Nutbrown Hare---and he hopped so high that his ears touched the branches above.

wheelchair baby

That's good hopping, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. I wish I could hop like that.

buddynpat

"I love you all the way down the lane as far as the river,"cried Little Nutbrown Hare.

tsdntg

"I love you across the river and over the hills," said Big Nutbrown Hare.

Where is the needle going

That's very far, thought Little Nutbrown Hare. He was almost too sleepy to think anymore.

daddy and buddy asleep

Then he looked beyond the thornbushes, out into the big dark night. Nothing could be farther than the sky.

goodmorning

"I love you right up to the moon," he said and closed his eyes. "Oh, that's far,"said Big Nutbrown Hare.

driving onthe east side

"That's very, very far." Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves.

5little ladybugs.jpgi

He leaned over and kissed him goodnight.

Guess how much I love you

Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile,

THISONE.JPG

"I love you right up to the moon--- and back."

8 comment(s):

  • Happy Birthday, Mr. Moo!

    By Blogger Nystral Djo, at 2/18/2005 06:10:00 AM  

  • Happy birthday to Moo, happy birthday to Moo, your ancestors were monkeys, who liked to throw poo!

    Has it really been a year? Holy Moo-ly.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/18/2005 10:18:00 AM  

  • That story was a big favorite here. Haven't pulled it out in a while. Maybe tonight. :) This entry is sure to make parents out there sad and lonesome for days when the little ones were still little. Nice.

    By Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan, at 2/18/2005 12:56:00 PM  

  • I love Four Weddings and a Funeral! What a sweet collection of pictures. Lucky little boy, lucky mama and papa too! Have a great day,

    By Blogger Kate, at 2/18/2005 01:02:00 PM  

  • THANK YOU KATE! Not everyone gets my quotations...thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2005 04:25:00 PM  

  • Happy birthday to your little Moo! Mine isn't even a year old yet and I got all teary-eyed thinking about how they grow up too fast.

    By Blogger Brynne, at 2/19/2005 09:12:00 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Mr. Moo! You are too adorable and your mom is awesome!

    By Blogger two rabbits, at 2/19/2005 09:54:00 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Mr. Moo.
    B - I am in love with your blog, it is wonderous. Thank you for providing a sanctuary from stress!
    Queen of the Snarks!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2005 03:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home