Thursday, March 10, 2005

8 miles and an old quilt

This is a quilt that I made for my sister in 2001 called Velvet Twilight (I finished a lot of quilts that year, although few of them were started that year) entirely out of velvet. Uh yeah, it was hard! I finally ended up hand piecing most of it because it was just to crazy to deal with on the sewing machine.



The cream colored center that you can't see very well is a piece of my grandmother's wedding dress, I quilted hearts on this part of the quilt and then crosshatched everything else.

All I have to do is finish two more papers, attend a weekend class Fri-Sun and a Monday night class and this quarter is over. To quote the blogfather, can I get a HALLELUJAH?

Speaking of running, I ran 8miles this morning. Because of the weekend class, and the commute to aforementioned class, I had to be realistic with myself and realize I would not be getting my long run in this weekend. So I ran two miles yesterday and did some stretching, Friday will be my rest day and Lady J and I will do some cross training (aka hills) during our lunch breaks this weekend.

This morning I ran the regular route, 3.57 with Queen Bee and then Lady J hopped in and ran the second 3.57 with me. I ran the final .89 by myself, and was super happy because I finished. I'm always worried I'll wimp out in the final stretch.

Can I get a round of applause for my running buddies? They rock I'm lucky to have flexible women who will run with me and get me where I'm going.

What a gift.



0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home