Thursday, January 27, 2005

Celtic Blues

I’ve been knocking around the house wishing I had a project ready to quilt, the problem with having your sewing machine in your baby’s room is that when he is sleeping you can’t work on it. And hen he is awake, YOU CAN'T WORK ON IT. So quilts in need of piecing go unpieced.

Especially if he has become enamored with drawers, opening and shutting them, and taking things out of them, then inevitably putting those things in his mouth. Not so good with pins and needles.


Celtic Blues Posted by Hello

I found this picture today of my Celtic Blue quilt. T (Mad Quilter) and I took a Celtic quilting class sometime while I was pregnant ( ever notice how things suddenly become before, during and after pregnancy?)

It reminded me of another Celtic project I started, so I went digging in the basement where my sewing room currently lives in boxes and found the traced but un-started project. (Not picture worthy yet.)

Yay! Now I have something to work on (besides my homework) while Mr. Moo is napping.

That’s right UFO list here I come!

4 comment(s):

  • I'm not normally a quilty sort of person, but the celtic quilt is gorgeous!

    By Blogger Kasmira, at 1/27/2005 01:18:00 PM  

  • Oooo, that's pretty! I know what you mean-- I feel like I have to prepare projects ahead of time so I have something ready to go at naptime or after bedtime. In addition to being really noisy, I don't usually have any brain power left after dark to start something new. I keep meaning to get my major hand quilting project back on track. That should keep me busy for a looooong time.

    By Blogger Kate, at 1/27/2005 02:33:00 PM  

  • ...and to answer your question, I think Prospect Park is about an hour away, in the next county over! Not far, really!

    By Blogger Kate, at 1/27/2005 02:35:00 PM  

  • Kate, I hear ya, it seems like I'm so pooped by the time he goes to bed that I have to utilize every moment of naptime to get crafts done.

    Kaz, THANKS!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2005 04:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home