Monday, March 28, 2005

Okay so I had five.

Which is the number of miles I was supposed to run today, but not the actual number (3.5) These are my new favorite peeps. Not only do they taste a little like chocolate, they are super fresh. Maybe we should pack more things in chocolate to keep them fresh. Maybe I have found my niche! My idea! The one that will make me millions! Chocolate sandwich bags, Chocolate Tupperware! It could work. Maybe. In the artic.

Minor catastrophe at our house. Upon arriving home from our multi-dog walk I found that the house was full of smoke. “Yahoo!” I thought to myself “our house in on fire! We can rebuild! (if I’m quoted in a legal document than I never said that!)” But no such luck. Our house was not on fire.

Upon further inspection I found that instead our woodstove’s stovepipe was leaking …smoke. This is nice because the Woodstove is the only source of heat we have, and it is WET WET WET here, rain predicted for the rest of the week. And it is cold.

Great! I love a challenge bring it on! So, I called Woodstove Installers of choice, and surmised the situation was a) something is in the stovepipe *ewwwww* or b) we burned wet wood and there is a creosote build up. I did not suggest c) you guys installed it wrong. Because it is cold, and the woodstove is cooling down, and I’m not sure that the warm smokyhouse is worth it, oh, and I want them to get out here and fix it!

Plus secretly I’m petrified that Mr. Moo will die of smoke inhalation in his crib. I yi yi yi! (in fact I’m just going to take this opportunity to run upstairs and make sure he is breathing…and maybe open a window~okay I’m back, he’s fine. His little nose is pushed into his bumper so that if he suffocates it is his fault not mine! *phew* JUST KIDDING! I opened a window just in case). So the Woodstove Installers of choice can come out tomorrow, if it's not raining.

I guess I’ll just put extra clothes on Mr. Moo and we’ll rough it. And if that gets bad, we can always go to Grandma’s.

Of course we have a metal roof. Which is three stories off the ground. So no one every wants to come fix our roof or do anything that involves being on our roof (like cleaning out the stovepipe) because wet, metal roof seems synonymous with really, fast, fall to certain death. So The Man and I are thinking, next roof, metal? Not so much.

Did I mention that it was raining, supposed to rain all week. And it is chilly. And our Woodstove is broken. Yeah. Woohoo.

I’m going to go drown my misery in working on my Month of Softies entry. Why bother you say? Because I STILL HAVE THREE DAYS DAG NABBIT! THAT’S WHY!!

Let’s end on a positive note though. Today I am wearing jeans I haven’t been able to sit down in (because yes I’ve pulled them over my rear just so I could say I could get into them, and snap them) since before Mr. Moo’s arrival. Ahhhhh.

And the sun just came out.....

1 comment(s):

  • That sounds so sucky! One of my profs had a roof that was partly glass. Anyway, him and his son were up there clearing off snow after a blizzard and his son fell through the glass. They were wearing climbing gear so no-one was hurt. Except the glass roofing.

    Hope the heating situation gets better. That sort of situation always sucks - especially with a baby.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2005 07:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home