Friday, February 25, 2005

journaling



My mom gave me this journal for Mr. Moo's first birthday. She also gave me the Willow figure pictured on the cover. When I was younger (ack! did I say that!) I loved journals. I loved cutting out pictures and pasting them inside, finding witty sayings and quotes to add to my thoughts and observations.

I still look at those journals now and again for inspiration. However I have a hard time starting a new one. I mean, you can't link to anything! I'm such a blog junkie I love being able to direct people to site, pictures, or other points of interest.

The idea of course is to start a journal for Mr. Moo to read at some point. A friend of mine did that with her daughtes and they really liked it. I tried when I was pregnant but I just didn't have the follow through.

I'd love to write in it though, Dear baby, I love the way you smell after a bath, and the way your hair is all staticky after your nap. I love the way you giggle when I kiss your baby neck and I love that you want to play on the keyboard with me, and when you get frustrated you pound on your keyboard as if to say....see what is the big deal? Then you crawl between me and the keyboard as if to say 'HELLLOOOOO!"



And then I have to stop what I'm doing and pick you up and snuggle you and tickle your legs till you laugh and forgive me.

3 comment(s):

  • "I loved cutting out pictures and pasting them inside, finding witty sayings and quotes to add to my thoughts and observations." Sounds a little like Blogging...a lot like Blogging...hmmm.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/25/2005 08:14:00 PM  

  • I love the willow figures. I wish they had a runner one. :)

    By Blogger April Anne, at 2/27/2005 10:47:00 PM  

  • Aren't those Willow figures great? My mother-in-law gave one to my husband and I for a wedding present, of two people holding each other, and it was just so sweet! I recently found a whole bunch of Willow figures at my local Christian bookstore, and I was thinking about how nice it would be to have one representing each major milestone in life (such as a parents or a mother with a child, when we start having kids some day).

    That's me waxing sentimental... =)

    Leah
    PS And I agree with bugdozer. Macs Rock.


    By Blogger Nystral Djo, at 4/11/2005 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home