Sunday, March 13, 2005

I’m a dumb dumb.

It’s true. But I have renewed respect for walking, and walking as exercise. I know walking is great exercise, but I realized Saturday just how hard it could be and how much different it is from running.

This weekend we had marathon class, and at Lady J and I had decided we were going to walk at lunch. We joined some other classmates and ended up walking 4.5 miles. All I can say is….Athena! I salute you.

I am SO sore. My hip flexors especially, and my feet are crampy, not to mention the little toe sized blister I had on my little toe. Boy, am I dumb, I though a four mile walk would be cake! I mean I ran 8 miles on Thursday! Come on!

Dumb. Even dumber that I’m training for a half marathon and I have a blister on my toe. Tomorrow's five miler is gonna ROCK!

Ding Dong.

Training Log for this week March 7-13 2005
Monday - 4.0mile run
Tuesday- stretching
Wednesday -2mile run
Thursday- 8 mile run 1:32:29/ 2 mile walk
Friday -Rest day
Saturday-4.5 mile walk
Sunday -stretch

2 comment(s):

  • Brit, it's a different animal! It is such a different animal. When I first started cycling, I thought there'd be no problem, as I was in pretty good shape. Well, ha, and ha!

    Here is one of my favorite posts on the Portland Fit forum, from my favorite poster: http://forum.portlandfit.com/ikonboard.cgi?s=2538fa9ec9ce736269d5bee08e610212;act=ST;f=1;t=860

    What half are you training for? Hope you're well!


    By Blogger vj, at 3/13/2005 07:48:00 PM  

  • Totally. When I cycle, the aerobic is fine, but it uses a different arrangement of quadricept muscles, and boy does it burn.

    I don't see how walking could be different though. But then again, I usually end up walking five miles a day minimum. Hmmm.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/14/2005 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home