Monday, February 07, 2005

Winter Blues 2005

The fifth annual Winter Blues Quilting Bee was a notable success if I do say so myself. And I do. I feel like the last year or so has been a struggle with Mel and Cool Kelly moving out of driving distance, finding quilters that you enjoy quilting and spending time with can be a struggle.

The group of women here Saturday was AWESOME! All of them were interested in quilting (and food) and it was just a great group. The Ugly Animal quilt was resurrected and continues to be a favorite with beginners.


Quilting Ugly Animal Posted by Hello

Mr. Moo’s quilt a gift from Grandma, is almost done. This quilt’s history is just great, when we told my in-laws that Mr. Moo was headed our way, my mother-in-law began searching for some old things of The Man’s but instead she found these blocks that she had started in the seventies (you can tell by the colors). I loved them, and we had decided on a ‘bug’ theme for the baby’s room, because it could go either way.

She added a caterpillar and a slug and a few more flowers, she is quilting butterflies on the two sides and a caterpillar across the top. It will be one of my most treasured quilts, and I may even let Mr. Moo sleep under it! What a piece of history.

Here is Aunt Ren working on some drawings in front of the Bug Quilt, I'll have to get a better picture of it.


Ren-bug quilt Posted by Hello

Pixie Potter was there as the back up babysitter, she spent most of her time playing SIMS2, (THAT I JUST GOT INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER! WOOHOO)


SIMS2-1 Posted by Hello

Aunt Ren (official Mad Quilter)is seen here teaching Mr. Moo about some of the Mad Quilters family (T’s mother in law). Mr. Moo seems a bit alarmed by this particular reading of his favorite book.


Another reading of tails Posted by Hello

Of course there was a lot of food, as is the Mad Quilter custom, because you have to have grazing, its not like everyone gets tired at the same time, there is quilting, then wandering off to eat, then quilting. To the right you see Lady J and Grandma yukking it up.


Food! Posted by Hello

I just like this picture because it shows Pixie playing SIMS2 in the background.


SIMS2-3 Posted by Hello

On the floor to the right you see Ama, who is talking about her quilt project that she has her seventh graders do (she's a math teacher) The each have to make a six inch quilt square, in a rail fence pattern. They have to measure, cut, sew, and remeasure the block to do the assignment correctly. She also has students can, working on measuring and fractions. Isn't she cool?

We even got some Heart and Sole Fun Run business done when a fellow Kiwanian called to talk about Sponsorship and the Kids Race we have planned for that day. Here is another of my running buddies and fellow kiwanians (among other things) Queen Bee taking the call, amongst her scrapbooking that she brought with her.


H & S business Posted by Hello

Amazingly there are no pics of T (official mad quilter) and her belly, how did that happen? Well T, you join the ranks of Mel (official mad quilter) and Cool Kelly (official mad quilter). We did get a picture of KAP (official daddy-to-be). Guess what he is doing?


SIMS2-4 Posted by Hello

ps. did you notice I learned how to put more than one pic in the post? Yeah, I'm bad.

6 comment(s):

  • Kudos on the Spiffy new muli-photo layout.

    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 2/07/2005 11:56:00 AM  

  • Was Pixie busy drowning unwanted Sims?

    By Blogger Kasmira, at 2/08/2005 05:29:00 AM  

  • kaz- well that, and raising twins, and trying to get her characters to shower and put their clothes on...they were followed around by green stinky clouds all day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2005 09:03:00 AM  

  • That is one patently bad picture of myself.

    Pixie wasn't really raising twins. She had a nany. At one point, as I watched, she had her matriarch mopping the bathroom as both children slept by the toilet. I'll bet that tile is nice an cozy!


    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/08/2005 10:52:00 AM  

  • Looks like a great success! I actually threw away my copy of the sims about 2 weeks after I got it because it completely ruled my life. So addicting! and so fun...

    By Blogger Kate, at 2/08/2005 02:20:00 PM  

  • Oh the multiple photos in one post looks stunning!!! I am sorry I haven't even had time to check your site or answer your email - I've been nuts with a big work event. But it's over and now I can't wait to try posting more than one photo!

    Nice pictures too - looks like a lot of fun!


    By Blogger two rabbits, at 2/09/2005 08:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home