Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Yeah, I said flowers!

And here is the proof. The foreground definitely shows Tulips, but I’m not sure what is behind them.


Flowers... Posted by Hello

Yesterday morning I felt slightly overwhelmed by the month ahead, but I was also crunching for an exam that is over now and writing a proposal to formalize THE RUN which I’ve turned in now and a 3pm Monday meeting loomed over me, where I enlisted the help of the local teens from the teen center whom THE RUN benefits. Talk about some impressive kids!

But now that is all behind me and I can say, WOW, how jealous of me are you? I get to stay home and play outside with my soon to be walking son in the WOODS.

Yeah…I know. You hate me.

And this morning while he was napping. I gardened.

Jonah the Dog’s Log (while gardening)
Balls started with:0
Balls lost :1
Balls found :1
Okay day.

4 comment(s):

  • We are still under 10 inches of snow here, but since there is a gorgeous blue sky and no wind I still managed to get the kid out for a walk. I can't WAIT to see flowers in my yard. Enjoy!

    By Blogger Kate, at 2/01/2005 12:51:00 PM  

  • I keep hoping for the tulips or daffodils to rise, or even the trees to bud...or maybe the grass to turn green. The only things to emerge from the melting snow thus far: tennis balls, a bicycle strobe light, and 3 months worth of dog shit.

    PS: Like the new name. Textiles always gave me a nervous twitch.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/01/2005 01:34:00 PM  

  • 1. Rest assured that our garden isn't anywhere near that picturesque when seen in environmental perspective.

    2. Its darned warm here. Today at about 3 I was walking across campus in shirtsleeves and noticed that it was 64 degrees. I feel vaguely guilty about that for some reason


    By Blogger Scott in Washington, at 2/01/2005 08:34:00 PM  

  • ARGH! You should feel guilty. I am excited that we are going to see the mid-40's on Friday.
    Winter sucks!
    Oh, and something else you don't have to deal with in the PNW is dry winter air. My hands are chapped (although I always wear gloves outdoors)and fishy-poo's bowl evaporates 2 cups of water in 3 days. (Not sure how much of that Cat is drinking.)


    By Blogger Kasmira, at 2/02/2005 05:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home