Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Forgotten Toys



terrapin Posted by Hello

I feel like I lost yesterday somewhere. Between the phonecalls to my family back east updating me on grandpa's funeral, how well everything went, what everyone said and school last night, I feel like I haven't spent time with my little Buddy for awhile.

He'll be 11months old next week! I feel the pressure mounting to plan his first birthday party, which I want to do but find myself digging my heels in and holding desperately onto a rugrat who is speed crawling away from me and towards his future sooner than I am ready.

He is already crawling up down stairs by himself, getting down from chairs and couches by himself, and opening and shutting doors. Today he escaped while I was getting firewood, I was piling our front porch stash into a bucked to carrying side when suddenly a plastic ball rolled past me and off the deck, next a small noggin stuck out the door to assess where I was and then thinking I couldn't see him a small body sprinting on hands and knees across the porch towards the railing.

I grabbed him up squealing and took him back inside and deposited him in the playpen. He looked stunned for a minute and then recovered as if to say, oh yea I've been looking for this toy, this is where I want to be.

I'm excited to watch this little guy grow, but at the same time find myself trying to capture every minute of every day on film, in words, in memory. What a cutie.

Back to the Quilting business. I have goals!

1 comment(s):

  • yeah, its' interesting. I usually quilt/blog/do homework when he is napping. Although he plays really well, and I can get a lot done while he is playing too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2005 04:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home